TECH DIVAZ℠ Workshop 2017
TECH DIVAZ℠ Workshop is an all-girls computer science and programming workshop for girls rising to grade 6 to 9.
Dates: June 19 - 23, 2017
Exact Schedule 9:00am - 3:00pm
Cost: There is no fee to attend but donations to the department are encouraged.
- All women staff
- Programming with Scratch - Scratch is a programming language that makes it easy to create your own interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art -- and share your creations on the web.
- Building a computer - Learn to disassemble and reassemble a computer while investigating the function and purpose of each component.
- Web design - Learn to build a simple Web site and customize the color, font styles, and images. We will use Weebly.com to first experiment with a drag and drop interface as well as making customizations using HTML (HyperText Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).
- Operating Systems
- Learning how to think critically with puzzles
- Programming in Java, Scratch, and Alice
- Mobile App Developement
- No prior experience necessary!
Please sumbit the following by June 12th.
- Complete the online registration with a parent or guardian (includes personal statement)
Write 100-300 word personal statement. Address the following items in your statement:
- Tell us about yourself, why are you a good candidate for this program?
- What are activities are you involved in with your school, at church, at home, and in the community.
- What are your interests, hobbies, and future goals.
- Describe any computing experience you have.
A confirmation that we have received your application will be sent via email to the email address that you provided on the form within 3 business days of submitting your application.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all seats are filled. We strongly encourage applications to arrive on or before June 12th, 2017. It is to the students best interest to apply early.
- Bring the required release forms with you - General release form (pdf) and Photo release form (pdf)